- Do I have a disability?
- What are the 21 types of disabilities?
- What are the 5 barriers for persons with disabilities?
- What are the 3 most common physical disabilities?
- What are the top 10 disabilities?
- What are the 4 categories of disabilities?
- What are the 13 disability categories under IDEA?
- What makes a person disabled?
- What are different types of disability?
Do I have a disability?
Under the ADA , you have a disability if you have a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits a major life activity.
An employer cannot refuse to hire you because your disability prevents you from performing duties that are not essential to the job..
What are the 21 types of disabilities?
21 Types of DisabilitiesBlindness.Low-vision.Leprosy Cured persons.Hearing Impairment.Locomotor Disability.Dwarfism.Intellectual Disability.Mental Illness.More items…•
What are the 5 barriers for persons with disabilities?
Often, more than one barrier occurs at a time.Attitudinal.Communication.Physical.Policy.Programmatic.Social.Transportation.
What are the 3 most common physical disabilities?
Key facts on physical disabilityCerebral palsy.Spinal cord injury.Amputation.Multiple sclerosis.Spina bifida.Musculoskeletal injuries (eg back injury)Arthritis.Muscular dystrophy.
What are the top 10 disabilities?
Here are 10 of the most common conditions that are considered disabilities.Arthritis and other musculoskeletal problems. … Heart disease. … Lung or respiratory problems. … Mental illness, including depression. … Diabetes. … Stroke. … Cancer. … Nervous system disorders.More items…•
What are the 4 categories of disabilities?
There are many different types of disabilities such as intellectual, physical, sensory, and mental illness.
What are the 13 disability categories under IDEA?
(1) Child with a disability means a child evaluated in accordance with §§300.304 through 300.311 as having an intellectual disability, a hearing impairment (including deafness), a speech or language impairment, a visual impairment (including blindness), a serious emotional disturbance (referred to in this part as “ …
What makes a person disabled?
The law defines disability as the inability to engage in any substantial gainful activity (SGA) by reason of any medically determinable physical or mental impairment(s) which can be expected to result in death or which has lasted or can be expected to last for a continuous period of not less than 12 months.
What are different types of disability?
Different types of disabilitiesvision Impairment.deaf or hard of hearing.mental health conditions.intellectual disability.acquired brain injury.autism spectrum disorder.physical disability.